The question of food is of immediate increased concern in COVID-19 times. Many of us have expressed the desire to exchange with other municipalities and communities on this subject. As a newly launched network, our first action as the Food Communities Network is to collate Municipal and Community-wide Food Responses to COVID-19 and to facilitate online discussions that create space for you to share and learn from each other.
To take part:
1. Share information on actions and regulations for food in/security put in place in your municipality/community in the COVID-19 context, and contribute to the resource guide we are compiling: COVID 19 & Food: Space for sharing tools and information.
2. Join online Discussions on Municipal and Community-Wide Food Responses to COVID-19
- April 2: Slides_ COVID-19 & Food_Alimentation et COVID-19
- Follow-Up Actions:
- We are continuing to host a series of topic-specific, break-out meetings.
- Topics include:
- Assisting farmers
- Community food production
- Immediate food distribution
- Municipal/Community Food Policy Councils.
- These smaller, focused conversations allow you to exchange knowledge and resources. Each meeting results in summary documents that are shared here: COVID 19 & Food: Space for sharing tools and information.
- For more information contact: email@example.com.