The question of food is of immediate increased concern in COVID-19 times. Many of us have expressed the desire to exchange with other municipalities and communities on this subject. As a newly launched network, our first action as the Food Communities Network has been to collate Municipal and Community-wide Food Responses to COVID-19 and to facilitate online discussions that create space for you to share and learn from each other.
On April 2 and 3, 2020 we hosted “Online Discussions on Municipal and Community-Wide Food Responses to COVID-19″April 2: Slides_ COVID-19 & Food_Alimentation et COVID-19
As follow-up actions: We hosted a series of bi-weekly, topic-specific, break-out meetings, between April and June 2020.
- Topics included:
- Assisting farmers
- Community food production
- Immediate food distribution
- Municipal/Community Food Policy Councils.
- These smaller, focused conversations allowed participants to exchange knowledge and resources. Each meeting resulted in summary documents that are shared here: COVID 19 & Food: Space for sharing tools and information.
- Topics included:
COVID-19 Food Resources
We have been compiling resources shared by you – documents, guidelines, etc. Please share in the language of your choice by emailing Nathalie at: email@example.com . We will post them on our website: https://foodcommunities.ca/covid-19-food-resources/
- Community Food Production Breakout Meeting Notes
- Farmer Support Breakout Meeting Notes
- Immediate Food Distribution Breakout Meeting Notes
- Food Policy Councils Breakout Meeting Notes
- Food Secure Canada is compiling a list of policy proposals from across the country.
To access COVID 19 & Food: Space for sharing tools and information as a spreadsheet, click below, or view the embedded version below. Pour voir Alimentation au temps du COVID-19: Espace de partage d’outils et d’informations cliquez sur le lien ci-dessous.