The question of food is of immediate increased concern in COVID-19 times. Many of us have expressed the desire to exchange with other municipalities and communities on this subject. As a newly launched network, our first action as the Food Communities Network is to collate Municipal and Community-wide Food Responses to COVID-19 and to facilitate online discussions that create space for you to share and learn from each other.
To take part:
1. Share information on actions and regulations for food in/security put in place in your municipality/community in the COVID-19 context, and contribute to the resource guide we are compiling: COVID 19 & Food: Space for sharing tools and information.
2. Join online Discussions on Municipal and Community-Wide Food Responses to COVID-19
- April 2: Slides_ COVID-19 & Food_Alimentation et COVID-19
- Follow-Up Actions:
- We are continuing to host a series of topic-specific, break-out meetings.
- Topics include:
- Assisting farmers
- Community food production
- Immediate food distribution
- Municipal/Community Food Policy Councils.
- These smaller, focused conversations allow you to exchange knowledge and resources. Each meeting results in summary documents that are shared here: COVID 19 & Food: Space for sharing tools and information.
- For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Sign up for the Food Communities Network to receive newsletters, webinar invitations, and opportunities to connect with other municipalities and communities across Canada on food. It is simple, fast and free to sign-up!